In design, combining form and function is an ideal. When it comes to nurseries, it’s practically mandatory! Using functional décor pieces, like personalized growth charts, lamps, rugs, etc that complement with your nursery theme gives you more bang for your decorating budget.
For a nautical theme, look to various shades of blue and add in pops of green or red. Also, iconic shapes like anchors, boats, knots, and sea creatures bring the theme to life. Here are 5 of our favorite functional ways to add a nautical theme.
1. Navy Perfect Pennant, Under the Sea, and Spell My Name personalized growth chart
2. Nautica Kids Brody Lamp & Shade from Toys ‘R Us
3. Nautica Kids Zachary Hamper from Bed Bath & Beyond
4. Caden Lane Preppy Navy Crib Bedding from Layla Grace
5. Liz & Roo Anchor Changing Pad Cover from Kids ‘N Cribs
And while this rope stencil isn’t exactly functional, we just absolutely love it and think it would be perfect on the wall behind a white crib or even inside a door-free closet. (Artfire)
If you’re planning a nautical themed nursery, we hope these functional décor pieces inspired you!Pin It